Just a quick post today, as I arrived home from my internship last night. I thought I’d share a short lists of pros and cons of being home again.
1. Being with my family again. I missed them all. My parents did visit over my two-month adventure, but I hadn’t seen my sister in over 8 weeks. And I missed her a lot. Plus, we’re planning a road trip to see my other sister in a few weekends. Yay!
2. Being lazy. I do have some freelance work to do in the next month before school starts, and some other writing projects I want to finish/make progress on, but I have a lot more time now.
3. Getting ready to go back to school. I’m one of those crazy people who enjoys going to school. I have some really great friends there that I’m excited to see again and I’m looking forward to my classes this semester.
1. Leaving Colorado. I’ve mentioned it a few times, but I made some really great friends in Colorado. I had to leave my grandparents, who were kind enough to host me for two months. It made me sad to leave all that behind. Also, Indiana is flat and humid. Colorado is dry and has mountains. Is there any question about where I’d rather be?
2. Traveling. I don’t actually mind traveling on my own. I just had kind of a rotten experience on my way home. The zippers on my suitcases broke. One of my two suitcases burst open in the airport. Luckily, it was right as we were pulling it off the luggage carousel and we managed to catch most of my stuff before it got all over the place. The other suitcase chose to wait until we were home, unloading the car. We set it down in the driveway to roll it inside and BAM! Clothes everywhere. Oh well. Better luck next time I guess.
3. Getting ready to go back to school. This one definitely counts twice. I’m excited to go back to school, but this is my LAST SEMESTER OF COLLEGE. I’m more than a little freaked out at the prospect of graduating in roughly four months.
So I’m home again, safe and sound. Thanks to all those who wished me well!
What’s your best travel story?
Until next time, word nerds!